Colorado Springs, CO, June 28, 2012 – The El Paso County Citizens Service Center (CSC) will remain closed until Monday July 2. The building is no longer under a mandatory evacuation order, but is still under a pre-evacuation order. Since the building is still under a pre-evacuation order and arrangements have been made for citizens to get the services they need at alternate locations the CSC will be closed on Friday June 29and will reopen with normal hours on Monday July 2. Please see below for where county service normally located at the CSC can be accessed Friday June 29.
Department of Human Services
• Economic Assistance including food assistance services will be available at 17 N. Spruce (the old DHS building)
• Child and Adult Protective Services - caseworkers are taking and working from remote locations. The Child Abuse and Neglect Hotline at 444-5700 and Adult Abuse and Neglect Intake Line at 444-5755 are staffed and taking calls as usual.
• Public Health's usual information line at (719) 578-3199 will be staffed to answer questions about birth and death certificates, clinics and immunizations
• Women Infant and Children (WIC) staff will be offering food vouchers (only for clients who are in need of infant formula or need special formula) to clients that usually have appointments at the Citizen Services Center. The alternate location for WIC clients is on the Southeast part of the County at 97 Widefield Blvd., Widefield, CO, 80911; call (719) 578-3199.
Pikes Peak Workforce Center
• Basic processing for unemployment insurance claims will be available at:
Pikes Peak Workforce Center at the LorraineCenter
301 Iowa Avenue
Fountain, Colorado 80817
Assessor - Most frequently requested services including search of property records are available online.
Treasurer – Delinquent June tax payments will be accepted when Treasurer’s Office reopens July 2 at Citizens Service Center
Clerk and Recorder
• All functions except public search of paper documents are available at the 3 other locations Southeast - At the corner of Airport and Powers, Union Town Center at 8830 N. Union Blvd. and Centennial Hall at 200 S. Cascade
• The Clerk has completed the counting of the remaining ballots prior to the canvas. Final unofficial results are posted at http://elpasoelections.com/2012Primary/results.html.
Contact: Dave Rose
Public Information Officer
Phone: 520-6540 Cell: 337-9239