Sheriff's Press Releases can be found here
Colorado Springs, CO, June 29, 2012 – El Paso County will open a Disaster Recovery Center designed to bring together the resources of multiple non-profit and governmental agencies offering assistance to all El Paso County residents impacted by the Waldo Canyon fire. The county has been working with the Colorado Department of Local Affairs and the Division of Emergency Management to provide a central location where residents can access services ranging from assistance in filing insurance claims to grief counseling and rebuilding as our community begins to work toward recovery from this tragic event.
The Disaster Recovery Center will be located at the former El Paso County Department of Human Services building at 105 North Spruce Street. It will be open to citizens at 9 a.m. Saturday, June 30, 2012 and will be open 7 days a week from 9am to 7pm.
The Colorado Department of Local Affairs (DOLA) is providing assistance in establishing the Disaster Recovery Center. From 30 years of experience in managing disasters, DOLA has learned the value of offering a central location where residents can access their insurance companies and get information from groups such as:
• Pikes Peak Regional Building Department
• Goodwill Industries
• El Paso County Housing Authority
• Care and Share Food Bank
• El Paso County Public Health
• El Paso County Veterans Services
• Pikes Peak United Way
• Peak Vista Community Health Centers
• Colorado Springs Utilities
• Colorado Springs Human Resources
• Pikes Peak Workforce Center
• Colorado Division of Unemployment
• Colorado Division of Local Affairs
• El Paso County Department of Human Services
• Colorado Springs Office of Emergency Management
• Rocky Mountain Insurance Information Association
• Safeco Insurance
• Office of the Colorado Insurance Commissioner
To call the Disaster Recovery Information call 719-444-8300 or go to
For other questions related to the Waldo Canyon Fire Call the Waldo Canyon Fire Information Center at: 720-237-3417 or 720-237-9947.